Thursday, October 28, 2004

I voted, I hope...

Well, I sent in my absentee ballot today. Too late, probably. Yes, it's my fault, I waited to long to send a request for an absentee ballot, and I just received it two days ago.

According to California state rules (it varies depending on the state), absentee ballots need to be received by or on election day in order to be counted. I doubt that mine is going to make it, even though I paid for a faster mail service. I could have paid for 2 day delivery, but that cost $30. I might have paid that if California looked like a close contest, but it seems like Kerry's got it wrapped up. If he doesn't I will be kicking myself.

My parents are actually going to Las Vegas this weekend to get out the vote for Kerry in Nevada, which is a state that could go either way. I'm proud of them. Way to go mom and dad!

This is such a strange election, especially for those of us who are veterans of campaigns spent trying to overcome voter dissilusionment and apathy. I would like to see firsthand all this intense interest in the election and the massive voter registration going on.

I can't really understand why this race is so close. Let's just hope that people come to their senses and we get Bush out of office.

1 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chavajero!
hope your ballot gets here in time... I have to go find my polling place Tuesday - it will be one of those get-to-know-the-neighborhood adventures here in LA. Did I tell you that my place is right around the corner from Guelaguetza? yum! anyway - this is partly to tell you that yes people do look at your blog - I do anyway - it's great to get updates every once in a while. not about to start my own, though - I have enough procrastination techniques already... xox, E.H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home